Hurricanes, droughts, tornadoes, snowstorms, floodingâ¦extreme weather can happen at any time, anywhere, and it affects all of us. In 2014, the United States experienced eight weather and climate disasters with losses exceeding $1 billion each, including drought in the West, five severe storm events, flooding in Michigan and the Northeast, and a winter storm that affected the Midwest, Northeast, and Southeast.
In Extreme Weather 101, learn "the basics" about extreme weather and climate change. Through videos, quizzes, and toolkits with tips and links to trusted resources, you will learn more about:
- how scientists know the climate is changing and how climate change impacts extreme weather;
- national and regional extreme weather trends in the United States over various time scales;
- projected changes in extreme weather in the United States;
- the health and environmental impacts of extreme weather and climate change;
- how to prepare yourself and your family for the impacts of extreme weather and climate change.
Extreme Weather 101 is hosted on Udemy. Free registration is required to access the course.